CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

School's Out For Ever!

Well, ok school is only out for a few weeks... But it will be extremely nice to have a break! Cameron and I both had a very productive semester. He finished his 3rd semester of nursing school and I finished my 1st. Cameron is very excited to only have one semester left, hopefully by the time he gets his RN he can find a job. At the moment it looks like he may be commuting to either Mesquite or Las Vegas.

In order to celebrate the end of the semester we planned a fun filled day of soccer, food, and movies! We made pierogies which, according to wikipedia are a dish consisting of boiled or baked dumplings of unleavened dough stuffed with varying ingredients. They are usually semicircular, but are square in some cuisines. We filled our with cheesy mashed potatoes and they turned out pretty darn good!! After our feast, we went and saw the movie Avatar. I'm positive that in our group I was the only one who actually wanted to see this movie, but it turned out to be pretty good. We saw it in 3D and at times a felt a little dizzy so unless you're really a high tech person I would just pay the lesser price and see the movie in 2D.

Here are some photos of our fun!











I forgot to take a photo of the finished product, but they were very tasty and worth all the work! Hooray for school being out! We hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!! Love you all!

3 comments:

Tucker & Tiffany said...

Cass! I have to get this recipe from you. Tucker used to eat these on his mission all the time, and has tried endless times to explain them to me. I think he would pass out if I surprised him and made them one night for dinner. :)
Could I get the recipe from you? That would be awesome!
Thanks my dear!
(No rush...he's gone until May so I have time. hehe:))

McGuire's said...

Oh happy day!!! I can barely remember being in school, but I do remember how happy Christmas break was! So fun to see you guys a month ago. :)

J Fo said...

Yay! Greg and I understand how cherished this Christmas break is. Enjoy your time off!