Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kyle Jessie Cook

Wow!  Has it really been almost a year since out last blog post?  A lot has changed in our lives since then.  We found out in January of this year that we would be expecting a little baby come September.  She surprised us all when she came 3 1/2 weeks early.  As far as the pregnancy goes I really can't complain too much.  I only threw up one time and that was after smelling a pair of Cameron's soccer socks that had been in his soccer bag for who knows how long.  Near the end I wasn't sleeping well and I was always super hot, I believe that is to be expected.  I'm not a super big fan of pregnancy photos so here are just a couple that were randomly taken over the past few months.

At the top of Observation Point, 5 months (20 weeks)
                      At the Hogle Zoo with Brittnie,               7 months (28 weeks)      

That's about all the pictures I am willing to share at this point... haha

     So for the big day, or should I say night?  It was around 7pm on August 30 when I first started feeling contractions.  Cameron had gone to work and I was just hanging out at home with his little brother Spencer who has been visiting for the past few days.  The contractions were more of just a nuisance at this point so I wasn't really paying much attention to them.  That morning I had been checked by my doctor and he said I was dilated to a 2+ and was "very thin", I have heard of many women who are dilated to a 3 for weeks so I figured nothing was going to happen for a while.  As Spencer and I continued to watch our movie I noticed that the contractions were getting closer together and stronger.  By 10pm they were about 8-10 minutes apart, I started to get a little nervous so I packed a bag to take to the hospital, just in case.  At about 11pm I tried to go to sleep because I was supposed to work in the morning.  I called my mom to confirm that the pain I was feeling was actually a contraction, I am pretty sure I freaked her out because she told my little brother he needed to drive down from Cedar City to take me to the hospital.  After laying in bed/ pacing around my room for about an hour I finally decided that this might be the real thing.  At this point the contractions were about ever 5-6 minutes.  I came out of my room and asked Spencer if he would go on a walk with me.  Spencer was so sweet, he just popped right out of his bed and put his shoes on.  Meanwhile, Cameron was having the craziest night of his life while at work with 2 dying patients and no one to cover him so he could go to the hospital.  Spencer and I walked around for about an hour.  When we got home I told him the contractions were coming about every 3-4 minutes and that I probably needed to go in and get checked.

    We arrived at the hospital at about 2:15am, they helped me get settled in my room.  At this point I was dilated to a 5.  When the nurse told me I remember saying, "A five?  Wow, I wasn't expecting that."  She responded saying, "Yeah, neither did I."  At 3am they checked me again to make sure I was progressing,  I was dilated to a 6 and they said they were going to admit me.  I was starting to get really stressed out because our baby was coming and Cameron wasn't here.  Luckily, Spencer was in town so he went to Alisha and Braeden's house to stay with Dylan so that Alisha could come sit with me and help me through the labor stuff until Cameron got there.  They finally found someone to come and take over Cameron's patients and Cameron got the the hospital around 3:45am.  At this point the pain was really bad and I was ready to back out of my original plan and get an epidural.  My nurse came in and checked me and told me I was a 9+ and that the epidural might not work fast enough but that I could still get one if I wanted.  I told her that I might as well just keep on going.  She asked if I wanted to try to lay on my side to see if they helped with the pain.  I was willing to try anything.  As I started to roll over my water broke, I had a contraction, and I felt this incredibly strong urge to push.  I remember saying/ yelling, "I think my water broke, and I really feel the need to push!"  Luckily, my doctor walked in at that moment and we were ready!  About 6 or 7 contractions later I heard my baby cry.  It was probably the most amazing moment in my life!

Kyle Jessie Cook
Born on August 31, 2012 at 4:41am
Weight 5 pounds 1ounce
Height 18 inches

Here are some photos of our beautiful little girl!!

Kyle and Spencer

Kyle and Dylan, 9 weeks apart

Kyle did not like the car seat

Enjoying some skin to skin time with Dad


Ariel Malia said...

oh my gosh cass! I cant believe kyle is already here! she is adorable and so tiny! congrats! cant wait to see her!!!

CourtneyandMarc said...

Yay for finally blogging! :) I started our own blog just a few months ago and you haven't updated since I added you to my list! Keep posting pics of Kyle, love seeing them.

Ted and Breauna Housel said...

CONGRATS Cass & Cam! She is the cutest and I just love her name. And way to go all natural girl...AMAZING! So happy for you guys. Keep blogging-or else!

The Thomas Family said...

Congrats! She is so cute and little! Glad everything went well with labor and delivery!

Dan & Britt said...

YAY for blog revival! Kyle is a doll, I can't wait to meet her in person!

McGuire's said...

You had a baby!!!! Congrats you guys!!! She is beautiful! She looks so tiny in her carseat. Way to go with the natural birth! i really don't know if I could ever do that... So glad she is here and you guys are parents!

Line said...

Congrats!Can I just say you are amazing for doing it without an epidural?!

Brett and Lex said...

What a crazy story! I had no idea. She is so sweet!!