CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Still alive and well!

For the past two days Cameron and I have basically just been vegging out. Yesterday we woke up early, rented a surf board for Cam-dog, and headed to the beach. I was a little nervous because we were going to the same beach Cameron went to with Cannon a couple years ago, and it was full of vagos (streets kids) who tried to rob them. Our new friend we met at the surf shop, Marlin, told us that they had cleaned up the beach and there were hardly any vagos now. We followed the owner of the surf shop to the beach, he was taking a group of people out there already. Marlin rode in our car because there wasn't enough room in the other car. Marlin was way cool, he had a spirit about him. The nica's have trouble saying my name, and they usually think I'm saying Katherine instead of Cassidy. Cameron decided that from here on out he would introduce me as Fatima. Marlin was the first person he tried the new name out on. Marlin, was surprised that Fatima was my name but he continued to call me that for the rest of the day. The next day, Cameron went to rent a boogy board and Marlin was working, he said hello and remembered both of our names, Cameron and Fatima.


Cameron and our new friend Marlin




Unloading the surf boards at Remanso Beach.





Cameron and his surf board, he wouldn't smile and look at the camera, because you can only have "action shots."




Here is the random helicopter we saw on our way to the beach.




The next day, we woke up and decided to drive to Coco beach. This beach was much farther away and we had to drive on a dirt road with lots of pot holes but, it was worth it! We were the only people on the whole beach, it was crazy! We played in the water for a while and hung out.

The white sand beach that we had all to ourselves.



At dinner, we went to a pizza place and ordered a BBQ chicken pizza, it had too many onions and I thought the chicken tasted weird. So I had pizza crust with BBQ sauce for dinner. For the record, I only hold my fork like that if I have to cut...


We ended that night with a walk on the beach during a lightening storm. Cameron was sad that it didn't rain, but hey, we still have tomorrow.


Ok I guess this is really how we finished the night....

2 comments:

red_dwarf said...

That beach looks awesome! what a fun trip!

J Fo said...

Well, Fatima, I'm glad you guys are still doing well!